“To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”–Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
After much thought and deliberation, we feel that it has come time to close the Front Office and Medical Services of Virginia Integrative Medicine. Nutrition counseling services will remain available on a limited basis. Dr. Albert will continue phone appointments with current patients until mid-May 2019.
VIM Updates and Office Hours
- The office will be open through May 2019. Raven will continue to be available to help you with supplements, appointments, and general transition issues.
- Dr. Wright will remain available for functional medicine nutrition consults on the following Mondays from 2-8 pm Eastern time in 2019: 6/10, 7/8, 8/12, 9/9, 9/30, 10/21, 11/11, and 12/09.
- You can now make appointments with Dr. Wright through our Patient Portal, as well as have access to your labs, recommendations, and other documents. Please click the following link to access the Patient Portal. You will need an email account and a text receiving cell phone in order to set up an account.
To schedule a visit, click on the following links (in order):
- Portal link (above, then follow log-in instructions)
- Peggy Wright
- Schedule a visit
- Visit type
- To advance to the next month, click on the “>” between the month and the year. Do NOT click on the “next month” link at the bottom (it will take you to January 2019!).
- Our website and our Patient Portal will continue at least to the end of 2019 if not longer.
- All supplements currently available from our office will be available through the Internet. You can buy them either from Wellevate (Emerson Ecologics website at a 20% discount) or directly from the manufacturer’s website (Natura, Thorne, or Xymogen) at a discount. The instructions for ordering are already on our website under VIM Patient Resources. Amazon.com also carries some of the more difficult to source products such as Iberogast and Real Mushrooms. And, of course, Vitacost is always available.
- Natura Health Products Bulk Drop-ship program will continue to be available to established patients. For more information, click on VIM Patient Resources button on your left (you will need the password). Then click on the Supplement link.
- We can provide copies of current records to you, or have copies sent to other practitioners. You can log onto the Patient Portal and directly download copies of your labs, diagnostic tests, prescriptions and current and former Recommendations and Treatment Plans. You will need an email address and a cell phone that receives texts in order to set up an account. You will be able to download Adobe pdf files that you can save or print as you need them.
- Our mailing address and our primary email address will remain the same; however, we may need to change our phone number. This will be posted on the website when it does change.
- Updates to our plans, as well as access to VIM Patient Resources will remain available here on our website.
- To our knowledge, there are no practitioners in Charlottesville who do a functional and integrative medicine practice that is identical to ours. However, both Dr. Albert and Dr. Wright have worked with collaboratively with the following medical physicians.
- David Schwartz, MD, whom we have known for many years and greatly respect, has a small “Mom and Pop” integrative medicine practice similar to ours in Louisa. He does not take any insurance, including Medicare, but his charges are reasonable. His office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The office phone number is 540-967-2050.
- Norton Fishman, MD, another long term colleague, who has an integrative medicine practice focused on Lyme Disease, has recently moved his practice from Rockville, MD to Charlottesville. He is very experienced, and also has a “Mom and Pop” type practice. His practice also does not take Medicare, nor any other health insurance. His current office number is 343-260-3777.
The Front Office will be open through
May 30, 2019
We will be closed on Memorial Day
Front Office Schedule for Supplement Sales
Monday: 10 AM-12 NOON AND 1 PM-4 PM
(closed for lunch 12-1pm)
Wednesday: 10 AM-4 PM
Thursday: 10 AM-4 PM
Front Office Schedule for Patient Appointments
Phone Appointments will be scheduled for Mondays.
Medical Records Storage Policy
For most adults, we are required to store your chart for 6 years after your last visit. Children will have their charts retained until they are 18 years old or 6 years after the last medical visit, whichever occurs later.
Prior to the end of the storage period, please send a signed request to our office if you would like your chart sent to you when the storage period is up. You will be charged for shipping and handling. Please continue to update us with any address changes. We will shred any chart not requested by the patient within the time-frame outlined above.