“To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”–Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Virginia Integrative Medicine remains open for phone appointments for established patients with Dr. Wright. Dr. Albert is no longer available for appointments.
- Our Front Office is closed.
- Our phone number has changed to 434-996-5616.
- We can be reached at: email@example.com.
- Our mailing address will remain the same.
- We no longer have a dedicated fax number. If you need to fax something, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a day/time for a manual fax receive.
VIM Updates and Office Hours
- NEW PHONE NUMBER as of February 24, 2021
- This phone number is only for leaving messages.
- Please limit calls from 12 noon to 8pm Eastern time (9am-5pm Pacific time), Monday through Friday.
- The old phone number will be disconnected.
- 2021 Dates for Appointments with Dr. Wright (all on Mondays from 2pm-8pm)
- May 17th
- June 14th
- July 12th
- August 23rd
- September 27th
- October 18th
- November 15th
- December 13th
- The VIM Patient Portal has been discontinued. Please make appointments through contacting me at: email@example.com.
- All supplements currently available from our office will be available through the Internet.
- You can buy them either from Wellevate (Emerson Ecologics website at a 20% discount), or directly from the manufacturer’s website (Natura Health Products or Thorne) at a discount.
- I have added Fullscript, which allows you to buy Natura Health Products for 20% off. This can either supplement or replace Wellevate for product ordering. Please see Supplement page under VIM Patient Resources for more information.
- The instructions for ordering are already on our website under VIM Patient Resources. Amazon.com also carries some of the more difficult to source products such as Iberogast and Real Mushrooms. And, of course, Vitacost is always available. If you need additional help, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Natura Health Products Bulk Drop-ship program will continue to be available to established patients. For more information, click on VIM Patient Resources button on your left (you will need the password). Then click on the Supplement link.
- Our mailing address and our primary email address will remain the same.
- The email address, email@example.com, is the best way to reach us.
- Updates to our plans, as well as access to VIM Patient Resources will remain available here on our website.
- To our knowledge, there are no practitioners in Charlottesville who do a functional and integrative medicine practice that is identical to ours. However, both Dr. Albert and Dr. Wright have worked with collaboratively with the following medical physicians.
- David Schwartz, MD, whom we have known for many years and greatly respect, has a small “Mom and Pop” integrative medicine practice similar to ours in Louisa. He does not take any insurance, including Medicare, but his charges are reasonable. His office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The office phone number is 540-967-2050.
- Norton Fishman, MD, another long term colleague, who has an integrative medicine practice focused on Lyme Disease, has recently moved his practice from Rockville, MD to Charlottesville. He is very experienced, and also has a “Mom and Pop” type practice. His practice also does not take Medicare, nor any other health insurance. His current office number is 343-260-3777.
The VIM Front Office is permanently closed as of
Monday June, 17, 2019
We will no longer be open at this location, although our mailing address will remain: Virginia Integrative Medicine, 901 Preston Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
Medical Records Release
We can provide copies of current records to you, or have copies sent to other practitioners. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
We can also fax a copy of your Health Summary and your last visit notes to your new medical provider. Please download our Medical Records Release Form-fillable. It can be filled out on your computer. Then save the form (you may need to use Save As), print, sign, and mail it to our office address. Or, you may print, sign, scan and email it to our email address.
If you need further help, please email us at email@example.com or leave a message at 434-996-5616.
Medical Records Storage Policy
For most adults, we are required to store your chart for 6 years after your last visit. Children will have their charts retained until they are 18 years old or 6 years after the last medical visit, whichever occurs later.
Prior to the end of the storage period, please send a signed request to our mailing address if you would like your chart sent to you when the storage period is up. You will be charged for shipping and handling. Please continue to update us with any address changes. We will shred any chart not requested by the patient within the time-frame outlined above.