“To everything there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”–Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
After much thought and deliberation, we feel that it has come time to close the Front Office and Medical Services of Virginia Integrative Medicine. Nutrition counseling services will remain available on a limited basis. Dr. Albert will continue phone appointments with current patients until the end of April 2019.
It is with much sadness that we leave Virginia Integrative Medicine and our service to you. We are grateful for your trust and friendship, and the privilege of serving you. But every ending is also a beginning, and we trust that the future will bring blessings and healing to all of us.
VIM Updates and Office Hours
- We will continue phone consults and maintain current office hours through the end of April 2019. We will provide appointments for any of you who wish to address any current health concerns: testing, medication refills, supplement reviews, etc.
- Dr Wright will remain available for functional medicine nutrition consults on a limited basis (approximately one day monthly). As of May 2019, you will be able to make appointments with Dr Wright through our Patient Portal, as well as have access to your labs, recommendations, and other documents.
- We can provide copies of current records to you, or have copies sent to other practitioners. You can log onto the Patient Portal and directly download copies of your labs, diagnostic tests, prescriptions and current and former Recommendations and Treatment Plans. You can set up an account by clicking on VIM Patient Resources and using the password. Then click on VIM Patient Portal. You will need an email address and a cell phone that receives texts in order to set up an account. You will be able to download Adobe pdf files that you can save or print as you need them. We will continue with our website and our Patient Portal for as long as is practical–at least until the end of this year if not longer.
- During May 2019 the office will be open with shortened hours to handle supplement sales, chart matters, and loose ends such as prescriptions and test results.
- All supplements currently available from our office will be available through the Internet. You can buy them either from Wellevate (Emerson Ecologics website at a 20% discount) or directly from the manufacturer’s website (Natura, Thorne, or Xymogen) at a discount. The instructions for ordering are already on our website under VIM Patient Resources. Amazon.com also carries some of the more difficult to source products such as Iberogast and Real Mushrooms. And, of course, Vitacost is always available.
- Updates to our plans, as well as access to VIM Patient Resources will remain available here on our website.
- To our knowledge, there are no practitioners in Charlottesville who do a functional and integrative medicine practice that is identical to ours. However, both Dr. Albert and Dr. Wright have worked with collaboratively with the following medical physicians.
- David Schwartz, MD, whom we have known for many years and greatly respect, has a small “Mom and Pop” integrative medicine practice similar to ours in Louisa. He does not take any insurance, including Medicare, but his charges are reasonable. His office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The office phone number is 540-967-2050.
- Norton Fishman, MD, another long term colleague, who has an integrative medicine practice focused on Lyme Disease, has recently moved his practice from Rockville, MD to Charlottesville. He is very experienced, and also has a “Mom and Pop” type practice. His practice also does not take Medicare, nor any other health insurance. His current office number is 343-260-3777.
The Front Office will be open through
May 30, 2019
Front Office Schedule for Supplement Sales
Monday: 10 AM-12 NOON AND 1 PM-4 PM
(closed for lunch 12-1pm)
Wednesday: 10 AM-4 PM
Thursday: 10 AM-4 PM
Front Office Schedule for Patient Appointments
Phone Appointments will be scheduled for Mondays.
Medical Records Storage Policy
For most adults, we are required to store your chart for 6 years after your last visit. For Medicare Advantage patients, we will store your chart for 10 years. Children will have their charts retained until they are 18 years old or 6 years after the last medical visit, whichever occurs later.
Prior to the end of the storage period, please send a signed request to our office if you would like your chart sent to you when the storage period is up. You will be charged for shipping and handling. Please continue to update us with any address changes. We will shred any chart not requested by the patient within the time-frame outlined above.